COVID SECURE GUIDELINES
Please take the time to read these before your appointment
The health and well being of our clients has always been our top priority at Foxes Hair & Beauty Salon. That’s why we are putting some changes and measures in place to protect you and our team during this time which are outlined below.
It is important to cancel and reschedule your appointment if:
- You feel unwell
- You live with anyone who is unwell
- You have been in contact with anyone who has typical Coronavirus symptoms such as cough, shortness of breath, loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- You have recently traveled to an area with a high infection rate
If you need to cancel for this reason, there will be no penalty or cancellation charge.
- We have carried out a thorough review of our salon and services and a full risk assessment.
- We have rearranged the salon, where necessary, to adhere to social distancing guidelines. We will endeavor to keep you 1m+ away from other clients at all times.
- All surfaces and items of equipment will be cleaned regularly and disinfected before and after every service.
- Disposable gowns and towels will be used for the foreseeable future. For some services, a traditional towel or gown will need to be used; this will be freshly laundered at 60 degrees.
- Waiting areas will be rearranged to adhere to social distancing. You may be asked to wait in a different part of the salon than you are used to.
- We will not be able to take and store clients belongings ie. coats, jackets, umbrellas, etc so please bring a bag to keep these with you during your visit and limit what you bring to the minimum.
- We will not be able to have magazines or tea and coffee available during your appointment. You are very welcome to bring your own refreshments and magazines or use our Wi-Fi for entertainment during your visit.
- We are all trained in caring for our clients in a safe, hygienic and professional manner.
- We will wear face visors at all times when looking after clients.
- We will continue to wash our hands before and after every client and for treatments where gloves are required, these will be changed in between clients.
- We will have our temperature checked on arrival at the salon and if we (or anyone in our household) have a temperature or fever; we will self isolate as per government guidelines.
- We will not be accepting walk in appointments - all appointments must be pre-booked by telephone rather than in person at the salon (unless booking for your next appointment before leaving your current appointment)
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. Late attendance may require your appointment to be altered or rescheduled- there will be a cancellation fee for this.
- As much as possible, we will stagger appointments times to avoid congestion at the reception desk. Therefore, you may be asked to use either the front or back door to enter or exit.
- We will be very happy to see you back in the salon and we will greet you warmly but without close contact, a handshake or a hug!
- Your temperature will be checked on arrival using a contactless thermometer. If you have a temperature above 37.8 degrees, we will not be able to carry out your treatment and will ask you to rebook your appointment for 2 weeks time.
- Hand sanitiser must be used by everyone on entry to the salon, even if you are wearing disposable gloves.
- Wherever possible please attend your appointment alone ie. without children or pets (except assistance dogs). If we have booked you in as a family, please anticipate being asked to wait in a different room or outside until it is your turn.
- All clients must wear a mask whilst your hair is being done (unless you are exempt as per government guidelines). If you have your own mask, you are welcome to bring it with you providing it doesn’t tie up behind your head. We will have a limited supply at the salon for those who arrive without one.
During this time, we will not be offering or accepting any special offers, discounts or vouchers with the exception of gift vouchers. For gift vouchers which expired during our closed period, these will be extended, at no extra cost, for the period of time you had left on the voucher before 21 March 2020.
We will be keeping a rolling 3 week list of names and contact numbers of clients and staff in attendance at the salon on each day as required by the government guidelines for track and trace reasons.
Please note - root regrowth colours will be charged at variable prices initially because for some clients it will not be a normal regrowth - it will be extended regrowth, root drag or colour correction from using home box dyes - all of these will take more time and product.
Due to the extra PPE, disposable items and cleaning we have had to invest in to keep the salon a safe environment for us all, rather than increasing our prices, we will be adding an extra £2.50 per client to subsidise these extra costs. We have kept this to the barest minimum, just to help cover our costs.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this and thank you for helping us keep the salon ‘Covid Secure’ and a safe environment for us all. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be more than happy to discuss these with you.
We reserve the right to amend or adjust these guidelines based on government policy and new research to protect the safety of our clients & staff